The privacy and protection of your personal information is a serious matter to Student Assistance Foundation (SAF). Any nonpublic personal information is secured by SAF and is highly confidential. SAF takes many steps, described within this policy, to protect any nonpublic personal information within SAF’s systems.
Collection of Information
SAF collects nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, forms, surveys, or other correspondence.
- Information we receive from government agencies, schools, financial institutions, consumer-reporting agencies, or other data providers we may utilize while performing normal business operations.
Use of Information
We do not release, disclose, or sell nonpublic personal information about current or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. SAF maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard any nonpublic personal information stored on our systems.
SAF restricts access to nonpublic personal information stored on our systems, to those that require it in order to provide our products or services to you. These entities are required to keep any nonpublic personal information provided to them confidential and secure, and to use it only for its intended purpose or for other purposes described herein.
We may collect and use information from your web activity, utilizing cookies, third party web analytics tools and other technologies, to develop, offer, deliver and improve our products and services. Additionally SAF may also provide this information to affiliates and partners in order to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. For example, we may use the information to:
- Operate and improve SAF’s online presence;
- Deliver products and services to people who use our websites;
- Understand how visitors use our websites and determine whether the content and design is effective;
- Personalize the websites and customize the communications and advertisements; and
- Deliver online and traditional advertisements and other information about products or services offered by SAF, our affiliates, our partners and others.
Links to Third Party Websites
Unless prohibited by law, you have the right, upon reasonable notice, to view any personally identifiable information collected directly by SAF from your visits to or use of our websites, to make corrections to such information if necessary, or to request that such information be removed from our systems. You may do so by contacting us at the address provided at the end of this policy.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected this information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly take all reasonable steps to delete the data from our system.
If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact us:
Student Assistance Foundation
P.O. Box 5209
Helena, MT 59604-5209